IMAP setting for iPhone
Please follow this step-by-step instruction in order to set up your email on iPhone:
- Select Settings from the home screen of your iPhone
2. Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then Click on Add Account
Choose ‘Other’ from appeared list
3. Select Add Mail Account
In the New Account menu, you will need to specify the following records:
Name: your name, it will appear as a sender name
Address: your full email address
Password: password of this email address
Description: you can specify any description
Click on Next.
4. Select protocol type: IMAP.
We advise you to use IMAP. The selected one will be highlighted blue.
The fields: Name, Address and Description should have been already filled in.
Host name: mail.domainname
User Name: your email address
Password: password for your email
Indicate in the fields for both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server the following settings:
The settings example:
Click on Next.
5. If you use IMAP, It is possible to enable the following services:
Click on Save and wait till checking is finished.
When the check is finished you will be redirected to Mails, Contacts, Calenders screen.
6. Please enter your newly created account and go to Account Info. Scroll down the screen and select Advanced:
7. You will be able to choose additional settings for IMAP or POP3.
You set IMAP connection, you need to use the ports: (without SSL)
Set IMAP Path Prefix to INBOX
8. In order to set up additional settings for Outgoing Server you will need to return in previous menu Account Info and then enter Outgoing Mail Server via clicking on Host name of the server. Please select ports and protocols you want to use Outgoing Server (SMTP): 25 or 26 (without SSL).
Once settings are verified, account is active and ready to use
To test you new email account, go to Messages and try sending and receiving emails.